Advice for coping with bad weather
The key to dealing with postponements is COMMUNICATION. If the weather is likely to cause a problem with the fixture ensure that:-
1) Your opponents are aware of a potential problem and establish what their travel plans are to avoid, if at all possible, a wasted journey.
2) If there is any doubt about the suitability of the pitch ensure a referee inspects it to prevent problems later.
3) If the reverse fixture has not yet been played explore the possibility of switching the venue to the away team's ground.
4) If all else fails and the game is off ensure you let your League Secretary and the Results Service (01822 678007) know as soon as possible and in any event by 3.30pm on the day of the game.
5) Prepare for the re-arranged game. Both clubs will be sent a letter with a new date - which will be the next available weekend. The fixture section of the RFU website will also carry details of the new dates within 48 hours of the original Saturday.